In the city of Chiang Mai Muay Thai is very prevalent. We understand that in order to stay at the top, you need to continue to evolve. This is why we felt Chiang Mai was the perfect place to open our new facility and add a focused Muay Thai program. Team Quest Thailand has managed to recruit the highest level of Chiang Mai Muay Thai fighters and trainer’s in the world.
We selected the most appropriate trainers to make sure that we could accommodate each and every student regardless of experience, size, or skill level. Our trainers have put Chiang Mai Muay Thai on the map.
Typical Chiang Mai Muay Thai training session:
- Team Quest Thailand starts training sessions off with a nice light jog or jump roping, depending on preference. Despite some people’s thoughts, the warm up (although helps cardiovascular endurance) is not meant exclusively for cardio, the warm up helps to excite the body’s nervous system. The nervous system helps to send signals to your body’s joints and muscles. This helps to control your body’s movements in a more effective way.
- After the warm up, students will wrap their hands, stretch, and shadow box.
- Students will then get with a trainer and work one-on-one with the trainer of their choice. If a trainer is not available because he is working with another student, students will practice previously learned techniques on the bag. As soon as the trainer is free, he will be working with the next available student for their individual needs.
Chiang Mai Muay Thai Pad Work
- After pad and bag work comes the fun part. Students are encouraged to participate in an optional sparring and clinching session. Before sparring and clinching begins, trainers will teach students practical techniques that will be the focus of the training session. After the students drill the techniques students can put the techniques to practical use and use them to spar and clinch. Not feeling ready to spar or clinch yet? Don’t worry we understand that this is very intimidating for new students. If you are not ready to spar or clinch than you can join one of our Muay thai trainers for some more focused Muay Thai technique.
Chiang Mai Muay Thai Full Session
- After sparring and clinching, Team Quest Thailand trainers will run the students through a cool down period. The cool down is a great way to help prevent injuries and let your body adjust back to it’s normal environment.